Data Acquisition Processors
Network Access for Data Acquisition and Control
DAPcell Server provides straightforward access to each DAP board and xDAP system on your local network, in concert with the DAPcell Client software. It is available with each DAPtools Professional purchase.
All versions of DAPcell, including DAPcell Server, automatically provide data buffering services and device driver functions. DAPcell Server and DAPcell Local Server provide features for direct disk feeds and data logging, for highly optimized transfers without intervention by application software.
DAPcell Server adds network access.
With DAPcell Server, set up a number of DAPcell PCs on a network to fit the pattern of work cells and test
cells in a factory, laboratory, or any other workplace.
DAPcell Server supports clients on the local workstation as well as on any workstation over a local area network (LAN).
Features of DAPcell Server
- Use networking to set up a number of DAPcell PCs on a network to fit the pattern of work cells and test
cells in a factory, laboratory, or any other workplace. (DAPcell Server only)
- With direct disk feeds and data logging, the user gets high-speed at-the-server disk logging. (DAPcell Server and DAPcell Local Server only)
- A Control screen provides user control over the local DAPcell server, such as starting and stopping the server, adjusting the server's execution priority, or altering the permission level for remote clients to control the server.
- A Browser screen allows users to search for, display, configure, and control the Data Acquisition Processors and their servers installed on a local machine
- A Disk I/O screen lets users control the disk I/O behavior of DAPcell and DAPcell Local servers. A user can specify default disk I/O directories and their network shares or alter the remote disk I/O permission level.
- A Mapping screen provides easy user access to a utility program that helps create mappings between pre-defined DAPcell DAP names and customized names.
- The Modules screen provides users with easy control over installation of DAPL downloadable modules, many of which are available in a DAPtools Standard or DAPtools Professional software package purchase. (Packages with DAPcell Server and DAPcell Local Server)
- A Diagnostics screen provides access to utilities that help diagnose the behavior of each included Data Acquisition Processor, such as checking the current consumption level of memory.
Review more about DAPcell and other DAPcell options.
Return to the Software page.