Data Acquisition Processors
Upgrade your CD to the current version
If you have DAPtools Standard or DAPtools Professional, version 6.x, use this form to upgrade to version 6.40. Learn what is new in version 6.40. And review the upgrade installation instructions below.
The current version is 6.40. If you do not have version 6, contact us to order a copy of the current 6.00 DAPtools Standard or Professional CD. Then upgrade here for free.
If you only need DAPtools Basic, download the entire current DAPtools Basic CD.
Follow these instructions to install the upgrade.
The CDUPGRD.EXE program allows you to upgrade an older version of the DAPtools CD to a newer version. You need the following three files and the original DAPtools CD to perform the upgrade.
- Patch file of the form TXXX_YYY.RTP (see Instructions, step 1)
- Download the appropriate self-extracting zip file to a temporary directory, referred to here as <TEMPDIR>, and run it. The naming convention for the self-extracting zip file is as follows: TXXX_YYY.EXE.
For example, if you have the DAPtools Professional 6.00 CD and you want to upgrade to DAPtools Professional 6.40, the file you download is P600_640.EXE. You can only upgrade within the same CD type (DAPtools Professional <OldVer> to DAPtools Professional <NewVer>, etc.) and cannot upgrade from one CD type to another (DAPtools Standard <OldVer> to DAPtools Professional <NewVer>, etc.).
- The first letter T is the DAPtools CD type where 'S' is for DAPtools Standard and 'P' is for DAPtools Professional.
- XXX is the old version, i.e. if you have version 6.00 of the DAPtools CD then XXX is 600.
- YYY is the new version to upgrade to, i.e. if you want to upgrade to version 6.40 then YYY is 640.
- When you run TXXX_YYY.EXE, it will extract the three files listed above: CDUPGRD.EXE, MSLPATCH.DLL, and TXXX_YYY.RTP.
- Insert the DAPtools CD type that you have (DAPtools Standard or DAPtools Professional) into the CD-ROM drive.
- Run <TEMPDIR>\CDUPGRD.EXE.
- Specify the entire directory and file name of the patch file in 'Patch File Name'.
- Specify the 'Destination Directory', referred to here as <DESTDIR>, to copy the DAPtools CD image and apply the patch.
- Select the 'Run Setup Launcher After Upgrade' checkbox if you want to automatically run the Setup Launcher after a successful upgrade.
- Select the 'Upgrade' button. If successful, you will see 'Status: Completed upgrade'.
- If you chose not to automatically run the Setup Launcher in step 6, you can manually run it at any time from <DESTDIR>\SETUP.EXE.
If you have any trouble downloading the file, contact the webmaster. If you have any trouble making the upgrade, contact the applications engineering staff.
Read more about what is included in the different DAPtools packages or contact us to purchase a DAPtools Standard or DAPtools Professional CD.