Data Acquisition Processors
DAP 5400a: When you need sampling at extreme speeds
The DAP 5400a model, a board optimized for simultaneous sampling at extreme speeds, has eight A/D converters that sample simultaneously with 14-bit resolution at 1.25M samples per second each, for a total throughput of 10M samples per second. Or for higher speeds per channel, each board can sample each of 4 channels at 2M samples per second. The board, based on the proven DAP 5200a design, has four times the memory, at 128MB, to balance the higher sampling rate.
The DAP 5400a
- has an onboard 400 MHz AMD K6-III+ processor
- comes with 128M of DRAM onboard memory
- offers up to 16 channels per board and can acquire 14-bit data at
- 2M samples per second on each of 4 channels
- 1.25M samples per second on each of 8 channels
- 625k samples per second on each of 16 channels
- is compatible with other a-Series boards
- uses a PCI bus for PC-based platforms
- transfers data to PC at high rates – up to 5000k samples per second
- allows fast real-time processing
- provides 14-bit A/D converter resolution
- provides input voltage ranges of +/-5 volts or +/-10 volts
- samples analog inputs at up to 10M samples per second
- complies with the EMC Directive 89/336/EEC
There is one current DAP 5400a model: the DAP 5400a/627.
The design of the analog section of the DAP 5400a is similar to the DAP 5380a, and the DAP 5400a uses the same cabling and Eurocards for termination and expansion. All a-Series Data Acquisition Processor boards share the same Channel Architecture.
The DAP 5400a has a PCI host interface, and is capable of high speed data transfers to the host PC. Using bus mastering DMA transfers, the DAP 5400a can transfer data to the host PC at 5000k samples per second.
The DAP5400a provides 14-bit A/D resolution for its 16 onboard analog inputs. The onboard analog input channels sample at an overall 10M samples per second.
Ask us to tell you more about the difference onboard intelligence will make in your application.
DAP 5400a/627 Specifications
12.28 inches x 4.2 inches
+5V, 6.7 Amps; +12V, 0.4 Amps
0-40 degrees Celsius with adequate airflow in the PC
Accuracy of crystal clocks
100 parts per million
Type of A/D converter
-5 to +5 volts, -10 to +10 volts
Samples (x 1000) per second*
Time increment (nanoseconds)
Minimum time interval (microseconds)*
A/D Converters/Resolution (bits)
Onboard Operating System
PC Interface Specifications
Samples (x1000) transferred per second***
Samples (x1000) logged/second***
* To maintain full 14-bit resolution may require a lower sample rate when sampling more than one channel per ADC.
** 1250k samples per second – 0.80 microsecond interval – with 8 converters operating simultaneously.
*** Disk logging and data transfer rates vary with PC platform.
Go back to the top.